The GT516KE is the latest development of the rear F.I.M approved enduro tyre. It has replaced out most successful hard enduro tyre – the GT216HBN.
This is one of our favourite tyres, The GT516KE provides excellent grip with long lasting wear, this is the perfect hard enduro training tyre or for racing where conditions suit such as more loose, dry rock conditions.
Changes to the GT516KE include:
1. Knob design – the lateral knob spacing has been adjusted to add stability in high-speed corners and braking during corner entry. The centre knobs have been tweaked in size and shape which gives added traction in straight-line acceleration and braking.
2. Carcass – A new development of carcass allows the weight to be kept at the absolute minimum while maintaining durability and adding stability in high-speed sections of the track.
3. Compound – The new generation of intermediate compound allows this tyre to perform across all enduro terrains by minimising the chance of chunking/tearing on hard packed terrain while also reducing clogging from mud in soft and wet conditions.
- Lightweight, flexible carcass with a reinforced shoulder to provide a large contact surface and shock-absorption over rough terrain and obstacles.
- Intermediate compound suitable for all types of terrain.
- State-of-the-art production process is used to create the most grip while maintaining durability and lifespan.
- Updated tread design and F.I.M approved 13mm knobs allow for self-cleaning in mud and soft conditions.
- Directional construction maximises grip and wheel stability over objects and rough terrain.
- DOT and F.I.M approved.
Recommended G-Mousse insert:
- MOU2014 (est. 12-14psi)
- MOU2012 (est. 10-12psi).